Thursday, April 14, 2011

If it'll get you off my back Rach

Right, yesterday was my little sis's birthday, and she's been bugging me to use this blog for more than stuff about the theater. So, as part of my various birthday presents to her (And there are a lot, for reasons I'll explain below), I am going to make a post telling a bit more about myself and my life.

I'm 24 years old, though I'm told I seem younger. I'm six years older than my sister, I have my own one bedroom apartment, where she lives with me while she's going to college.Why, you ask? Because, well, we're, kinda... orphans. Not for a long time, our mom and dad died last year. A plane crash. My dad was an amateur pilot, did it for fun. The day they went out was perfect, but it started raining at random, and a storm started. They got hit by lightning and their plane fell out of the sky. It was the worst thing to happen to either of us, and I took her in afterwards.

So this is the year after, and I tried to make this the best birthday she's had in a while. I got her a lot of presents, and even called in a sub to cover for me at the college so that I could spend the day with her. We went to a show, a greenhouse, then I got her dinner with a bunch of her friends at one of the more enjoyable local restaurants. When we got home I put in her favorite chick flicks and sat with her as she cried at the ends, tissues in hand.

I think she enjoyed it, she told me so anyway, and that's all that matters.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, I work at the local college. I'm their drama instructor, mostly because I'm willing to work on a teacher's salary with minimal funding for sets or props. I learned to improvise very quickly. But, it's a job, and I enjoy it. Besides, working their got Rach a discount on her tuition. So it all worked out.

Alright, apparently this still isn't enough. I have to tell you more about myself besides my work, according to the happy flower girl. Ugh. I don't know. I'm fond of fedoras, I keep a deck of playing cards with me at all times. I have a rather fancy Death mask, which I wear to all of the costume parties I go to. But really, that's all.

Sorry for the long post, but thanks for reading.
Hobey Ho
Faol

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your parents. I still have both of mine but my aunt died last year and my cousin has been off kelter ever since.

    Also, happy birthday to Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gena, I'm sorry about your aunt.

    Oh, and I'll tell Rach you said happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete